The general objective of the project is the development of an integrated and sustainable system for the valorisation of frying oils generated in the city of Seville through the production of a new biofuel made up of methyl esters and glycerin esters that is more competitive and efficient.
- Development of a demonstration system for management and recovery of frying oils for the production of a new fuel, which can be extrapolated to other areas both nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of the new biofuel through the construction of a prototype production plant for methyl esters and another module of glycerin esters.
- Evaluation of frying oil as an energy resource.
- Production of methyl esters by means of an innovative transesterification technology.
- Production of technical glycerin with at least 95% purity, using membrane technology.
- Production of glycerin esters from technical glycerin and acetic acid, by acid catalysis.
- Production of a new biofuel based on mixtures of glycerin esters and methyl esters.
- Demonstrate the improvements in the combustion process of the new biofuel, by measuring the emissions in the motor bank and in real operating conditions of a bus of the urban bus fleet of the city of Seville (TUSSAM).
- Establish a program that encourages the collection of frying oil by citizens to compensate for the effort made by citizens, and disseminate the results of the project.